BHCR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
The Bo’ness Revival Classic Club
The primary aim of the Bo’ness Revival is to preserve the heritage of Scotland’s first purpose built Motor Sport venue, with Bo’ness holding a major, if unsung, role of Scotland’s and the UK’ s Motor Sport history. Most of the great names in Motor Sport have competed at Bo’ness, Jim Clark, Jackie Stewart, Stirling Moss to name but a few. As the cost of staging the Bo’ness Revival Hillclimb increases year on year the organising team are continually seeking ways to keep the Revival alive and viable. One of the ways we have helped achieve this aim is by promoting the Bo’ness Revival Classic side of the event, which has grown into one of the major events on the Scottish Classic Car scene. We do not make claims about the Revival as a whole being the most prestigious or biggest event in Scotland, however, we are Scotland’s only established combined genuine historic motor sport and classic car event which is all about giving enthusiastic owners the opportunity to use their cars, either in the Hillclimb or Classic, and be part of a friendly event with like-minded fellow enthusiasts.
Currently there are circa 250-members of the BHCR from all corners of the UK and we would like to expand membership and activities for those members who own Classic Cars. In addition to the benefits of being a member of the BHCR members of the Bo’ness Revival Classic Club receive,
- Free entry to the Bo’ness Revival Classic Club stand in the Showfield
- Entry to the Bo’ness Revival Classic Club Car of the Day Competition
- Members monthly meetup Blether meetings, providing there is sufficient interest
- Members Only” 2020 Windscreen Sticker
- Free spectator entry to the Revival Meetings on production of your Membership Card
- Membership of an MSA and SACU approved club with membership card
- A Monthly Newsletter available only to members and not available on the BHCR website (distributed by email)
- 2 BHCR window stickers advertising the 2020 Revival meeting
- A reduction of £5 from the entry fee for each of the hill climbs (£10)
- The opportunity to assist the club up to and during the 2020 Revival Meeting
- Your Membership Fee helps to maintain, support and improve the oldest Scottish Motor Racing venue
Opinions vary as to the definition of a Classic Car, our definition is interpreted as generally any car produced over 20-years ago, together with modern sports cars.